Welcome, Prospective Scholars!
As a Rutgers Future Scholar you will experience academic growth, social development and personal enrichment as you gain exposure to a wide range of academic and career fields. We will work as a team with you, your families, and your schools to improve your academic achievement, to explore your interests and to provide you with assistance throughout your journey to higher education.
You will have opportunities to attend cultural and athletic events as you experience college first-hand and are welcomed into the Rutgers University family. In your journey to college and success we will provide you with annual summer programs and support throughout the school year which will consists of workshops after school and on Saturdays, and tutoring/mentoring services.
As a Rutgers Future Scholar, you be held to the highest expectations. We welcome you to learn more about how the Rutgers Future Scholars program can help you realize the possibilities.
To apply, one must:
in New Jersey and be a student in one of the following public school
districts (non-Charter) schools: Newark, Camden, LEAP Academy University
Charter School in Camden (a Rutgers University Affiliate), New
Brunswick, or Piscataway.
• Be in good academic standing or demonstrate a commitment to improving.
• Be a first-generation college student—that is, your parent(s) or guardian(s) are not four-year college graduates.
• Meet the financial need guidelines (example, typically a NJ family of four at $45,000 or below).
• Be highly recommended by a teacher and your school administration.
• Have the full support for participation from your parent(s) or guardian(s).
• Attend summer enrichment programs during middle and high school years and Seminars on
Applications are now being accepted. To find out if you qualify, review the above information carefully, and contact a program office:
Newark prospects, please contact Ms. Lauren Olsen at (973) 353-3543
New Brunswick/Piscataway prospects, please contact Ms. Jhinoos Rajaei (848) 932-6713
Camden prospects, please contact Mr. Traun Brodhead (856) 225-2330
Applications period runs typically from February 15 through April 1st each year. If you have any further questions please feel welcome to contact the director, Aramis Gutierrez, at 848-932-6713, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org